Activities Director Academic Boosters
Band & Chorus
Community Service Club
Festival of the Arts
(GSTA) Gay Straight Transgender Alliance
Meeting of the Minds
Mountain Biking Club
Mr. Cougar Contest
National Honor Society
Orientation - 9th Grade
Pie In Your Face
Student Council Ultimate Frisbee VTLSP
COUGAR HOUSE MEETINGS
Cougar House Description:
The Cougar House meets during advisory and has ONE representative from each advisory. Cougar House is an opportunity for student representation and a direct voice from the student body.
Here is how it works:
1) Cougar house reps are elected, in the fall, in each advisory, to serve a full year term.
2) Each advisory sends their Cougar House rep to Cougar House meetings.
3) The junior school board member is the Speaker of the House and runs the meetings following Roberts Rules of Order as best as possible.
4) Minutes are taken at each Cougar House meeting and posted on the MMU web page, in the activities section.
5) Cougar House reps speak about the issues from their advisory and share the opinions, ideas and suggestions from their advisory. The reps are expected to bring the opinions of their advisory to the entire floor of the house for discussion and voting.
6) Cougar House reps will formulate topics or be asked for input on specific topics -- to discuss and vote upon. It is important that these topics are discussed in each advisory as facilitated by the Cougar House rep, and voted on in each advisory. Your Cougar House rep NEEDS your opinion and your vote so they can best represent you.
7) Once a discussion has taken place in advisories, Cougar House reps returns to the Cougar House Assembly with information and a vote is called on resolutions.
8) TALK to your COUGAR HOUSE REP, find out about what is being discussed, and share your opinion!
COUGAR HOUSE REPS:
October 1 Minutes
01/27/09 Meeting Minutes
03/10/09 Meeting Minutes
Copyright - 2007 Mount Mansfield Union High School. All Rights Reserved - 211 Browns Trace Road - Jericho, VT 05465 - Phone-(802) 899-4690, Fax-(802) 899-2904